- This year school will start in October.
- Exact date will be announced shortly.
- Whrere? 17839 Aurora Ave N, Shoreline, WA 98133
- “Dzūkas” and “Suvalkiečiai” students will have 3 periods.
- “Žemaičiai”, “Aukštaičiai”, “Pagrandukai” groups will have 2 periods.
- We will meet two Saturdays per month.
- Class time: 9 am – 11.45 pm.
Everyone is invited to the opening of our new school year!
Schedule for the first day will be as follows:
- School opening
- Raising of Flags and Lithuanian Anthem
- Greetings and presentation of passports to first graders
- Group school picture
- Project “Lithuania” – everyone participates; students, parents, teachers.
- Students gather in their classrooms
Parents: please register online prior to first class and be prepared to turn in waiver and medical forms along with tuition payment. If you have any questions or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Žaneta Noreikaitė at 425.614.7442.
- School begins September 16th, 2017 and ends May 19th, 2018.
- School year consists of 23 Saturdays, plus “Vėlynės” event on October 28th, 2018.
- School hours are Saturdays from 9am to 1pm.
- Classes for children aged 0 to 5 year old end at 10am.
- All other groups end school day 1pm.
- Period length is 45 minutes with 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute recess in between.
- Students ages are 0 – 17 years old, as well as another group for adults.
Please see school calendar here
- This year Linas Lithuanian Heritage School will offer Lithuanian language courses for adults. Classes will be held Saturdays. All language levels are welcome.
- We will have a new group for 3-5 year old children.This group will learn through play and will participate in nature walks. Group will meet twice a month.
- School will be offering History classes in English this year for children who do not speak Lithuanian. This class will meet once a month during second period.
- The fourth period is Ethnoculture classes. Participation in this class is open to all community children.
- New group for children wanting to learn Lithuanian will be held on Mondays at 5 PM at UW Seattle campus and will meet twice a month.
- Students will have an opportunity to take Lithuanian language test and receive a credit which is transferable to most educational institutions in the US. The test will be administered in the Spring.